Revision: June 2021
Thank you for your visit to our website and your interest in our offers. We are committed to protection of your personal data. Below we inform you how your personal data is processed when you use our website and make use of our contents and services. Personal data includes all data relating to you as an identified or identifiable natural person, e.g. name, address, e-mail addresses, or user behavior, unless the laws and regulations applicable to you exclude certain information from the comparable definition. For example, pure business contact information is not protected in some jurisdictions.
Please read this notice carefully to understand our policies and practices for processing and storing your personal data. In addition, we inform you about the measures we take to safeguard your personal information, about the legal basis of the processing to the extent required under applicable law, about your rights as the concerned person, and finally about the person whom you can contact in case of questions or grievances.
By engaging with our website, you understand, accept and consent to us collecting and using your information as described in this notice. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use this website.
We may change this notice from time to time. Any changes to this notice will become effective when we post the revised notice on this website. Your continued use of this website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check the notice periodically for updates. This policy was last updated on the date indicated above.
1. Responsible person, processor
- Magnescale Co., Ltd., 3-1-4 Edagawa, Koto-ku, JP- 135-0051 Tokyo, email@example.com, and Magnescale Europe GmbH, Antoniusstrasse 14, DE-73249 Wernau, firstname.lastname@example.org (“we“ or “us”) provide the website as “controller” (e.g. within the meaning of Art. 4 No. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation; “GDPR”), as the “data user”, as the “body corporate” or as otherwise designated in a comparable role under other applicable laws and regulations.
- Magnescale Co., Ltd. operates this website, also on behalf of Magnescale Europe GmbH.
2. General information about processing of personal data
- We only process personal data, if this is required for providing a functional website and our content and services. In general, we only process your personal data with your consent. In cases where prior consent is not feasible, we only process your personal data if legal provisions permit such data processing.
- We will use secure methods to delete or permanently de-identify your personal data when it is no longer required for the purposes for which we have collected or used it in accordance with this privacy notice. Data may also be stored, if this is intended by lawmakers of applicable laws or other regulations to which the controller is subject. The data will also be blocked or deleted, when a storage period required by the above-mentioned standards ends, unless further storage of the data is required for contract conclusion or performance.
- When you contact us by e-mail, through a contact form or by registering on our website, we will save the data supplied by you to process your questions/enquiries. We will delete the data collected in this context, once storage is no longer required, or limit processing thereof, if legally mandated retention periods apply.
- If you provide personal data that we have not requested (unsolicited information) you thereby give consent for use by us. If we could not have solicited such personal data and if it is lawful and reasonable to do so, we will destroy or de-identify the information.
- If we use commissioned service providers for individual functions included in our offer or wish to use your data for promotional purposes, we will inform you in detail about these processes as described below. We will also name the criteria defined for the duration of storage.
- Our data processing in connection with this website is lawful, inter alia, if (1) you have given express or tacit consent (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR); (2) it is necessary for the fulfilment of a contract between you as the concerned party and us (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR); (3) we have a legitimate interest in ensuring the functionality and error-free operation of the website, which outweighs your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR); (4) the data is anonymized; (5) the processing is necessary to exercise rights in judicial, administrative, or arbitration proceedings; (6) the processing is necessary for an emergency that threatens the life, health, or security of an individual; (7) the processing is clearly in your interests and consent cannot be obtained in a timely way; or (8) otherwise permitted under applicable law or a resolution by a competent authority (“Justified”).
3. Collection of personal data when you visit our website
- If you use our website purely for information purposes, that is, if you do not register or otherwise transmit information, we only collect the personal data transmitted to our server by your browser. If you wish to view our website, we will collect the following data required for technical purposes to display our website and ensure stability and security.
– ΙP address
– Date and time of access
– Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
– Contents of the request (specific site)
– Access status/HTTP status code
– Data volume transferred
– Website where the request originated
– Computer or mobile device type
– Screen resolution
– Browser type and version
– Operating system and its interface
– Language and version of the browser software.
- In addition to the above-mentioned data, “cookies” are saved on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files saved on your hard drive in association with the browser you use and used to transmit certain information to the body responsible for setting the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot execute programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the overall web presence more user-friendly and effective by allowing us to respond to you when you return to our services. Cookies are also used to enhance the secure use of our services.
a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the extent and function of which is described below:
– Transient cookies (see b)
– Persistent cookies (see c).
b) Transient cookies are deleted automatically, when you close your browser. This includes in particular session cookies. These save a so-called session ID, which permits association of various requests by your browser to a single session. This allows your computer to be recognized when you return to our website. These session cookies are deleted, when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are deleted after no more than three months. You can delete the cookies in the security settings of your browser at any time.
d) You can configure your browser settings as desired and, for instance, reject third-party cookies or all cookies. We would, however, like to notify you that you may not be able to use all functions of this website, if you do so.
Change cookie settings
- This processing of your data is lawful (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR, or otherwise Justified).
4. Application options
You have the option of sending a job application through our website or by e-mail. If you send an application, we collect and save the data you enter in the input mask or send us by e-mail. We process your data exclusively for the purpose of your application. If we cannot offer you a job, we store your data for no longer than six months after the end of the application process. This processing of your data is lawful (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR, or otherwise Justified).
5. Use of Google Analytics
- The IP addresses transmitted in connection with Google Analytics will not be associated with other data stored by Google.
- You can prevent storage of cookies by making the appropriate settings in your browser software or changing the cookie settings on our website. we would, however, like to point out that, if you do so, you may not be able to use all functions of this website to their full extent. Moreover, you can prevent collection of the data generated by the cookie and referring to your use of the website (incl. your IP address) by Google and processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
- This website uses Google Analytics with the extension “_anonymizeIp()“. This means IP addresses are abbreviated before being processed further, preventing association with a person. If the data collected could be associated with your person, this is therefore immediately prevented and the data related to your person is immediately deleted.
- We use Google Analytics in order to be able to analyze and regularly improve use of our website. We can use the statistics gathered to improve our offered service and make it more interesting for you as a user. The use of Google Analytics and the associated data transmission are lawful (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR, or otherwise Justified).
- Information of the third-party provider: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User terms: https://www.google.com/analytics/terms/us.html, overview on data privacy: https://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and data privacy statement: https://www.google.de/intl/en/policies/privacy.
6. Embedding of YouTube videos
- We have embedded YouTube videos in our website, which are stored on https://www.youtube.com and can be played directly on our website. All of these are embedded in “extended data protection mode”, i.e. no data relating to you as a user is transmitted to YouTube, if you do not play the videos. Only when playing the videos, the data referred to in the following paragraph will be transmitted. Such data transmission is not subject to any influence on part of us.
- When playing the videos, YouTube receives the information that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. In addition, the data mentioned under section 3 of this privacy information is transmitted irrespective of whether you are logged in through a YouTube user account or whether no user account exists. If you are logged into a Google/YouTube account, your data will be directly associated with your account. If you do not wish to be associated with your profile on YouTube, you must log out prior to activating the button. YouTube stores your data as user profiles and uses them for purposes of advertising, market research and/or demand-oriented design of its website. Such an evaluation is also carried out for users who are not logged in to provide tailored advertising. You have a right of objection to the creation of these user profiles, but you must contact YouTube directly in order to exercise this right.
7. Integration of Google Maps
- Our website uses the services of Google Maps. This allows us to display interactive maps on our website and permits you convenient usage of the map function.
- When you visit the website, Google receives the information that you have accessed the respective subpage of our website. In addition, the data listed under section 3 of this privacy notice is transmitted. This is the case irrespective of whether or not you have a Google user account and are logged into it. If you are logged into a Google account, your data is associated directly with your account. If you do not wish for your data to be associated with your Google profile, log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as usage profiles and uses it for the purposes of promotion, market research and/or tailoring its website to the users’ needs. In particular, this evaluation is conducted (even for users not logged into a user account) to provide tailored advertising and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles, but in order to exercise this right, you will have to contact Google.
8. Use of Google Fonts
We use Google Fonts on our website. This allows us to integrate certain fonts into our website. These fonts are provided by Google through servers in the USA. When accessing our website, your web browser establishes a direct connection to these servers. During this process, the visitor’s IP address, among other things, is transmitted to Google and stored there.
The use of Google Fonts and the associated data transmission are lawful (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) GDPR, or otherwise Justified). Further information about Google: Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA. Further information on data privacy at Google: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
9. Links to third-party websites
We link to the websites of other providers not associated with us (third parties), e.g. to our profiles on social networks such as LinkedIn, Xing, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and Facebook. We would like to inform you that we have no influence on the data processed by these providers when you click these links. As data processing by third parties is not under our control, we do not accept any responsibility or liability for it. For further information on data processing by these third parties, please refer to the data privacy information published by the respective provider.
10. Safety measures
- Personal information we collect is securely stored within our databases. We take suitable technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of protection appropriate to the risk, taking into account the state of the art, the cost of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of processing as well as the risks of varying likelihood and severity for rights and freedoms of natural persons.
- We have physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in place and take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is protected from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure. These measures include the following:
• access to data processing systems by unauthorized measures is protected by implementing access controls, implementing security measures, maintaining authorizations and other relevant measures;
• access to IT systems by unauthorized persons is protected by technical measures regarding user ID, dedicated password protocols, information and data classification policies, secure deletion of data and other relevant measures;
• in relation to personnel who are authorized to access the data subject to their access authorization, we implement access rights that are based on role requirements, dedicated authorization processes, information and data classification policies and other appropriate measures;
• to ensure the adequate separation of data, we implement physical separation of data based on the relevant purpose of collection, separate processing of personal data dependent upon intended function, encryption of personal data and other relevant measures;
• we maintain the safety of personal data during electronic transmission by ensuring personal data can be verified, implementing an information and data classification policy, maintaining e-mail encryption and other relevant measures;
• we maintain relevant systems and protocols that allow us to monitor access to personal data. We also implement further measures to protect data from accidental destruction or loss;
• we ensure business continuity by maintaining contingency plans in our data centers and reviewing our recovery plans regularly; and
• we have also implemented appropriate processes to respond to events and violations, including notification. The implementation and effectiveness of incident management is reviewed at regular intervals as part of internal audits and adjusted if necessary.
- Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it. You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via our website whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us by sending an email to email@example.com.
11. Passing on and transmission of data
- If, in the course of our processing, we disclose data to other persons and companies (processors or third parties), transmit or otherwise grant access to the data, this is only done on the basis of a statutory permission, resolution by a competent authority, your consent, a legal obligation, or on the basis of our legitimate interests and/or otherwise Justified. In particular, we disclose personal information to third parties if it is necessary for the primary purpose of collecting the information, or for a related secondary purpose, if the disclosure could be reasonably expected. Contract processors are only used for this purpose in a lawful manner (based on Art. 28 GDPR, or otherwise Justified). Where a disclosure to third parties is necessary, we will require that the third party undertake to treat the personal information in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations to which we are bound.
- The data provided by you during the use of our website will be passed on within the Magnescale group of companies to the extent necessary for internal administrative purposes or to provide you our services.
Any such disclosure of personal data is lawful, as (1) you consented, (2) we and the Magnescale group have a legitimate interest in disclosing the data for administrative purposes within our group, which outweighs your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR), or (3) otherwise Justified.
- In the course of the further development of our business, the structure of Magnescale companies may be subject to change as regards to legal form, the establishment, purchase or sale of subsidiaries, companies or parts thereof. In such transactions, customer information may be transmitted along with the company to be transferred. Whenever personal data is transferred to third parties to the extent described above, we safeguard that this is done in accordance with this privacy notice and the applicable data protection law.
Any disclosure of personal data is lawful, as (1) you consented to this processing, storing, disclosure and transfer of your information to such third parties, (2) we have a legitimate interest in adapting our corporate form to the economic and legal circumstances as required, which outweighs your rights and interests in the protection of your personal data (based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR), or (3) otherwise Justified.
12. Transfer to third countries
- In addition to the data transmissions already described, the following applies: If the data is transferred, stored or processed abroad/overseas, in particular on our servers in Germany, Japan, U.S.A. or in other countries of the European Union or the European Economic Area, or if this is done in the context of using the services of third parties or the disclosure or transmission of data to third parties, this is only done (1) in order to fulfil our (pre-)contractual obligations, (2) on the basis of consent, (3) on the basis of a legal obligation, (4) on the basis of our legitimate interests, or (5) if otherwise permitted by relevant laws and regulations; and in which case the data will be subject to the laws and regulations of the country to which the data is transferred, stored or processed.
- Subject to statutory or contractual permissions, we will only process the data in a country or permit to be processed in a country if special conditions are met (in accordance with Art. 44 ff. GDPR, or comparable applicable law and regulations). This means, for example, that the processing is carried out (1) on the basis of special guarantees, such as the official recognition of an EU-level of data protection compliance, (2) in compliance with officially recognized special contractual obligations (so-called “standard contractual clauses”) or through binding corporate rules, (3) based on your consent, or (4) as otherwise Justified.
13. Change of purpose
14. Your Rights
- Right to information: You have the right to obtain from us, at any time and upon request, information on the personal data processed by us and relating to you (in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, or other applicable laws and regulations). To do so, please contact us at the addresses below. Please note that we may refuse access to the information in circumstances recognized under applicable law, such as when (i) the information is inseparable from the personal information of other individuals, (ii) the information is subject to attorney-client privilege, or (iii) the disclosure of the information would reveal confidential commercial information.
- Right to correct incorrect data: You have the right to ask us to correct any personal data concerning you without delay if it is incomplete or inaccurate. To do so, please contact us at the addresses below.
- Right to deletion: Under the conditions set forth in Art. 17 GDPR or other applicable laws and regulations, you have the right to request us to delete or anonymize the personal data concerning you. These conditions provide in particular for a right of deletion if the personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, as well as in cases of unlawful processing, the existence of an objection or withdrawal of consent, or the existence of an obligation to delete them. To exercise your rights, please contact us at the addresses below. Instead of anonymization, we will delete your data.
- Right to limit processing: You have the right to demand that we restrict processing (in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR or other applicable laws and regulations). This right exists in particular if the accuracy of the personal data is disputed between you and us, for the period of time required to verify its accuracy, and in the event that you request limited processing instead of deletion in the case of an existing right to deletion; also in the event that the data is no longer required for the purposes pursued by us, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defense of legal claims, and if the successful exercise of an objection is still disputed between you and us. In order to exercise your right to limit the processing, please contact us at the addresses below.
- Right to data transferability: You have the right to receive from us the personal data concerning you that you have provided to us in a structured, common, machine-readable format (in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR or other applicable laws and regulations). To exercise your right to data transferability, please contact us at the contact addresses below.
- Right of objection: Furthermore, you have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data relating to you which is carried in the public interest (on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. e) GDPR or other applicable laws and regulations), or to the data processing based on a weighing of interests (on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f) GDPR or other applicable laws and regulations); this also applies to profiling being justified on the aforementioned legal grounds (compare Art. 21 GDPR). If you lodge an objection, we will only process your personal data if we can prove that there are compelling legitimate reasons for doing so which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, and if appliable law provides for such overriding processing.
- Right of complaint: You also have the right to lodge a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority about the processing of your personal data by us (in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR or other applicable law).
15. Privacy Rights for California Residents
If you are a resident of the states of California in the United States of America, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit.
16. Use By Minors
Our website is not intended for minors under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information through this website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on the website or register on it, use any of the interactive or public comment features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a minor under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a minor under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. Sensitive Personal Information
Unless we specifically request or invite it, we ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive personal information under applicable laws and regulations (e.g., credit or debit card number, with our without any required security code, personal identification number, financial account number, driver’s license number, government-issued identification card number, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or philosophical beliefs, health, sex life or sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership, or biometric or genetic data for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual) on or through this website or otherwise to us. If you have accidentally sent or disclosed to us any sensitive personal information, please contact us at email@example.com and request deletion of such information.
18. Your Contact Person for Questions and Comments (Data Protection Officer)
If you have any questions, comments, or grievances regarding our handling of your personal data or if you wish to exercise the above rights as a data subject, please contact our Group Privacy Officer at GILDEMEISTER Beteiligungen GmbH, attn. Group Data Protection, DECKEL MAHO Straße 1, DE-87459 Pfronten, Germany, firstname.lastname@example.org.